Friday, November 16, 2018

Computers can be a pain

        I sat down today to do some long-delayed computer work.  What I discovered is that computers are not always that helpful. I am still in Saudi Arabia.  I do not have conventional internet.  The Saudis limit access to the internet to some degree.  I generally connect through a hotspot on a phone that is controlled by Saudi Telecom.  I use a VPN, but their are still issues going to some sites and using the internet in general.  I was trying to make some changes to our website, lotuslearningcenter.org, when I was informed I needed to update the software I use to manage the site site.  I then found myself unable to access the proper site to update the software.  I am not sure what content could be there that would result in it being blocked, but it was and is most assuredly blocked.  The frustration comes from computers supposedly making things easier, when in fact, they seem to be increasingly more difficult, and usually for the simplest of reasons.  I guess it can wait until I return to the U.S. and try again then.

No comments:

Post a Comment